Here is the latest Gluten Free Egg Free sugary treat. I had to make some cupcakes pronto since there is a birthday celebration every week and non gluten free cakes would be tempting me at every turn. Now I have a stash stored away in the freezer to bring with me so I don’t feel deprived. Plus, just in time for my own Birthday! 🙂
Chocolate Cake or Cup Cakes – GFEF
1 1/3 cup gluten free flour mix
2/3 cup Cocoa, sifted
7/8 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp guar gum
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp sea salt, fine
3 Tbs melted butter
2 Tbs oil
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 Tbs ground chia seed mixed with 3 Tbs hot water – stir well
1/2 cup yogurt, or buttermilk
1/2 cup water
1. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease and ‘flour’ a 9″ square cake pan or round cake pan
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Mix together dry ingredients.
4. Mix together wet ingredients.
5. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir well.
6. Fill cup cake pan and bake for 14-16 minutes. Or bake the 9″ cake for 30-35 minutes.